1. To guarantee its ranking as the "Party of Stupid" the Republicans either house or are afflicted by the presence of the Tea Party. Bob Dole recently burped (or was it puked) his displeasure on the makeup of his party. With a gang of wackos whose fervor is so out of sync with the rest of the nation (and to old-guard Republicans) you've got to appreciate that the Democrats have an advantage when their opposition is beset with a faction that detests the very mention of unity within:
2. This small piece from the NY Times can be taken as evidence as to why the Republicans are so dead-set furious about repealing Obama Care. It looks as though, despite GeeOpie state efforts and the Michelle Bachmann wing, that the insurance exchanges are coming in with competitive rates below that which was expected. And down the line, providers and insurance companies are starting to affect some realism in the costs. The Republicans want to dismiss the whole thing before people realize the effectiveness of the program. Ah....the Party of Stupid lives up to its name:
3. Charles Blow takes up where we left off from #2 above. The Party of Stupid is "so blind" (Blows words, not mine), that it is unable to see the reality of how their behavior on immigration reform dooms them to the dust bin of extinction:
4. This is a NY Times video on the somewhat very conservative and "party of stupid" practices in the State of Texas. More reason for rational adults to avoid this pit stop on Interstates 10, 20 and 40; just fly over the place:
5. If there is a theme in today's presentation, it should be obvious. The Republicans are in trouble. Try as they might to cry scandal on anything that is convenient to them, they are basing their hubris on a house of cards that will collapse. Cynthia Tucker, former editor of the Atlanta Journal and Constitution wraps this concept all up for your perusal:
"Who is more to be pitied, a writer bound and gagged by policemen or one living in perfect freedom who has nothing more to say?."
-- Kurt Vonnegut
Post a Comment