Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Things to Know - 28 February

1. Mitt-Bot is living proof that memory begins at conception:

2.  Thom Hartman and his easy way to indulge in the news of the day:


3.  An interesting way to understand what kind of food system we have is to work undercover in the fields and at one of the big box market outlets.  The kind of people who work there, are abused there, and remain in acceptance of their lowly existence.   Then, there is the "food":


4.  Richard Cohen of the Washington Post is here to remind us that Santorum has real problems:

5.  Michael Gerson of the Washington Post is here to remind us that Romney has real problems.  And while we are at it, I guess that I have to throw in my opinion here - Romney keeps on harping about how he has experience in running a business, and Santorum does not.  Being President of the United States is not like running a business.   George W. Bush had his Harvard MBA, and a lot of good that did us.   The business of government is not to make a profit.  It is not to cast off citizens who are not performing to standard or working as hard as others.  There is a lot about the job that Romney has no clue:

6.  David Brooks of the NY Times is here to remind us that the Republican Party has real problems:

7.  Frank Bruni of the NY Times is here to close the book on Santorum's fractious ignorance:


8.  This article points out that the very wealthy (close to or part of the 1%) are far less concerned with the rules and regulations that the other 99% go along with.  I think that there is a lot of truth to this experiment.  Kind of explains why I have this road-rage hatred for those big splashy cars whose drivers cut in at the last second to exit the freeway, without waiting in line with the other safety-conscious drivers in the exit lane.  Like they're too good to have to wait with the unwashed masses:


"A consultant is someone who saves his client almost enough to pay his fee."
       -- Arnold H. Glasgow
"If you would be known, and not know, vegetate in a village; If you would know, and not be known, live in a city."
       -- Charles Caleb Colton
"Why do writers write? Because it isn't there."
       -- Thomas Berger
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes."
       -- Doctor Who
"Nothing is impossible. Some things are just less likely than others."
       -- Jonathan Winters

No comments:

Post a Comment