1. Ted Cruz, in the mind of Gail Collins, has done more to reveal the presence of toxicity in the Senate, and has persuaded many how bad it is, and that cruising with Cruz is not such a good way to travel:
2. Joe Nocera has it that Obama is really responsible for the fact that the detainees of no value at Gitmo are still there. Even though the president spoke in high platitudes, it is Obama who has kept them there. Am I missing something?:
3. Some Republicans, the usual wackos, just seem to target anything that reduces the government's ability to gather information on how it can effectively do a better job of governing:
4. The Mormons and the LGBT community are having a struggle with accommodation. This article demonstrates that one method used by the Gay community is to work through theater arts to dramatize the differences and to educate those who are in the the LDS:
5. In his commencement address to the Men of Morehouse, President Obama, was in the middle of a recent incident that brought shame and dishonor to some current students, as well as to the administration. Also, the words in the speech also spoke to a man in the audience who has fought hard to rebound from his own indiscretion and criminal past to exemplify the intent of the commencement speech:
6. I have not been to the new George W. Bush Library, and probably never will. Maureen Dowd's review of the place, kind of follows others that have bothered to write about the place and the experience. It appears that the displays, and the intent of the displays are just as vapid and coarse as the person for whom the place was built:
"People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order so they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say."
-- Kurt Vonnegut"
Post a Comment